Monday, October 3, 2016

Weekend Wrap-up

Greetings all! Since this blog is pretty new, I didn't want to over-saturate with too much content too quickly. Over the weekend, I decided to take a break and I managed to do some fun things!

1) I went to a French Bakery
This place is located not too far from my house. I pass by it on a regular basis, but I never really go in that often. Since the hubby and I were off Saturday (very rare), I decided to take him out to breakfast. Quiche Loraine, his favorite, was freshly baked that day, so he could not pass it up. A spinach and goat cheese quiche was calling to me, as was a little cherry dessert. These concoctions were sinfully delicious.
The Cherry Dessert. Since I can't remember the name, I will just leave this photo here

2) I spent time with friends...Twice!
This has not been a good week for me. I have not only been working under stressful conditions, but my depression has been creeping up again. This is the time for me to break down and go to the bar. But I have this nifty little blog now... I can't drink instead of doing things!! So I forced myself to see friends on Saturday night (for a quiet get-together, nothing too rowdy). These are friends I met at the Pub Quiz my uncle's restaurant used to host. For a while, I was the only server who worked the Pub Quiz tables and I got to become good friends with a few players. Heck, I ended up marrying one! The small get-together was impromptu, but very much needed. On Sunday, I had already arranged to meet with my gaggle of Sisters. You see, in my spare time, I work with some friends who are trying to organize a new House in Pittsburgh for the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (check them out). I wanted to go out on Saturday with them for a kick-ass event, but my spoon count was low. It is not a very good excuse to miss out on bubble blessings, but if I am not in a good mood, I would disservice my community by being disingenuous. Rational? No, but depression is never rational. It was a very real thought and I thought it best to avoid the bar anyway.... Getting back to happier thoughts! Sunday was a huge deal for me. I got to be on a Skype call to Sister Faegala Tina Pfischzoot!!!! She was so sweet, so silly, and so full of good vibes it was contagious. Seriously, she got us in the right direction for turning our little side project into a reality in Pittsburgh. There will be PLENTY more about the Sisters in the future, but for now I can at least let you guys know that this is a vital part of my life.

3) I saw family.
I saw my dad for the first time in weeks. My mom and I see each other on a regular basis, but I was not talking to my dad for a while. He got me upset, I got him upset, and we gave each other space. Having a fish sandwich together and calling off the shunning was therapeutic, and yummy!
My husband's sister also invited us over for lunch over the weekend. She is in a new house and we have not had the chance to visit until Sunday. She and her husband have welcomed me into their family with open arms since I started dating Matt. We share the same kind of humor and eye for the arts. Both my family and their family have members of a conservative mind set, so it is nice to get together and express more liberal ideas.

In short, I needed this weekend.

And you know what else I need? I need to go on a date with myself

More on that next time ;)

Much Love,

Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment